onsdag 16 december 2009

The sweetest haul from Belgium!


I found a new online shop which seems to have good prices, a lot of 750ml bottles, all Westvleterens (although they are not mentioned on their web) and good service.

http://www.etregourmet.com

My two 20kg packages arrived and I felt like a 5 year old boy opening them. It's like Christmas came early this year, hehe it's pretty much around the corner anyway.

Sadly three bottles were damaged during the shipping: 1x Rochefort 6, 1x St Sebastiaan Blond and 1x 750ml Karmeliet. But hopefully the seller will sort me out. :)

As you can see the Chimay bottle is from 2006, I sooo can't wait to try it back to back with a 750ml from 2009. Rock on!! Also, I've noticed that Dulden Draak is to expire in April 2010, so it's almost three years old as well. Or does that brewery put a five years seal?



Luckily this shop had all three types of Westvletern for reasonable prices, not like Belgian Shop. I took three of each, so my dad, my brother and I can enjoy a bottle of each. Entregourmet were kind enough to support me with three bottles free of charge!

If you guys look closely all three kinds have different expiration dates. #6 is due to 19th of May 2010, so this was brewed in 2007. Nice! But #8 and 12 are due to middle of 2012.



Of course I got a Westvleteren glass to go with them. I'm really looking forward to reviewing those beers. Maybe during the Christmas holidays?



Btw, I've noticed that one of the Westvleteren 6 bottles didn't have that engraved "Trappistenbier" sing on the neck. All others did. Does any of you know why? This is pretty interesting to know!



Of course I bought some glassware, both for the reviews and for my blog variation. Some glasses were much bigger than I expected. Like Duvel and Dulden Draak!




This is my last Belgian order for this year. Now I'm waiting for Systembolaget's "December mitt i månad" releases and I think I'm all set.

Keep your eyes out for some sweet reviews!

6 kommentarer:

  1. Great site! Im going to order some Fantome beers sooner or later.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I'm thinking of getting some Fantome with my next order too. :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Pity about the damaged bottles. Otherwise it seems to be a nice site except the pictures on the bottles.

    How many days did it took for the delivery?

    SvaraRadera
  4. @Gyllenbock, do you mean that the labels on the bottles are weathered? Well, that's because they were soaked with beer from the broken bottles.

    It took 2-3 days, registered shipping. :)

    SvaraRadera
  5. No, I meant the pictures on the website:

    http://www.etregourmet.com

    2-3 days is fast, good to know. :)

    SvaraRadera
  6. Ah, yeah I know.. but you can always google them.. I honestly don't give a crap about how the site looks, as long as the prices and service are good.

    Go ahead and place an order. Let me know what you bought! :):)

    SvaraRadera